Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Drill at Sunset Beach

One of my Open Water Students, Phil and his fiance Cecy, were kind enough to send me some pictures from our dives off "Sunset Beach".
Here we are gearing up:About to get in:Final words before dive:Phil - fully certified PADI Open Water Diver!
Just like Dutch Springs, PA except 60-80 ft vis!! Trade spiders and dirt for sand and breaking waves and 7mm plus a 3mm vest for a 3mm wet suit. Down side is I miss my favorite teaching pals.... And hell I have to say I really loved Dutch Springs. Perhaps it's inhabitants were a little less exotic BUT it was always an adventure!!
This morning, I saw a beautiful pair of flying gunard fish. I actually think that the flying gunard I saw with Miguel was half of this pair. We were probably around Sunset Beach when we saw him. I'm adding the gunard couple to my list of Sunset Beach inhabitants. Miguel told me today that a Frog Fish and Bat Fish have been seen off Sunset beach. I will be hunting for these!!!

No comments: